At UK Special Risks we understand the insurance requirements for the Ventilation & Duct Cleaning Industry with over 10+ years experience.
How can we help?
Insurance policies for Ventilation and Duct cleaners are often arranged incorrectly in our experience.
Due to the relatively high level of exposure for consequential losses i.e fire, insurers are often cautious when providing insurance for Duct / Extraction System Cleaning.
If either you or your broker disclose the works simply as “Kitchen Cleaning”, this will rarely be wide enough to cover the specialist works of Cleaning and Maintaining a Kitchen Extraction System.
Our expertise and experience means we know which insurers will accept the cover, which insurers will offer the most competitive premium, and which insurers will give the widest available cover at any given time.
We understand your needs, requirements and are always available to give advice.
In addition to Employers / Public and Products Liability we can also include:
- Damage to Property Being Worked Upon – including items damaged through the process of cleaning such as Duct & Ventilation systems. If kitchen deep cleans are apart of your cleaning process, damage to kitchen property whilst being cleaned would also be covered.
- Wages and Turnover Rating – no restriction on the number of employees working. No need to let us know through the year if you are taking on any additional staff, we will deal with it at renewal*.
- Financial Loss – This extension has been created to pick up a claim for financial loss caused to your client after a negligent act on your behalf. An example of a claim which could arise is as follows: If a kitchen extraction system has not been cleaned correctly & a restaurant has to close as a result of this. The policy will pick up the claim if your client suffers financial loss due to non-trading.
- Failing to Secure Customer’s Premises Correctly – Working after hours is very common and sometimes your staff can forget to lock up. This will respond to claims arising from arson, theft and more.
- Replacing Locks following Loss of Keys to your client’s premise’s –Duct & Ventilation system cleaning often must be completed out of hours, so this extension can be a very important part of your insurance policy.
*Cover is available on a declaration or non-adjustable basis.
Testimonials – What our clients say
“I would and will definitely recommend Tom to all Ventilation & Duct cleaning contractors looking for the unique insurance cover that our industry requires. Tom’s knowledge of the sector and ultimately the services he provided is very impressive.
Tom managed to identify gaps in our previous cover which certainly left us exposed and did not provide the relevant cover for all of our services. I now have both peace of mind and a tailored package of Employers’ & Public Liability that provides the full cover we need.
I would recommend Tom to anyone in the industry.”
Crista Sanderson, Director, Well Polished Oxford.